Death of UNIZIK Students, Caused by Carbon Monoxide

On the 20th of February at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, a male and female students were found dead at a private hostel which was located at Williams logde.

According to the source, after the girl known as Adaeze refuses to respond to her parents’ call, the parent got worried and had to report to the security, they door was forced open after they had met it closed. They met their lying corpses in the room.
According to the Anambra State Police Command, the death of the two students is as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. He said the cause of their death is as a result is the generator fume which was found on the corridor.

However, Anambra State Police Commissioner of Police, CP Echeng Echeng, orders the investigation of the death of these students.

In a statement by Echeng on Monday, he advices the general public on the dangers of carbon monoxide, he said “It is a dangerous substance that is very toxic to health. This substance when inhaled can cause serious damage to the body and can lead to death. The substance mostly emanate from generators, water heaters, coal burning appliances, or any gasoline powered engine”.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *